In a few days, I’ll be experiencing another milestone in my life: I’ll be traveling to Japan, making it the first time I’ll be out of the country. I’m almost 28 and it’ll be my first international trip. Crazy, right?
I never cared for traveling out of the United States since I’ve always been wary of flying over large bodies of water, but my past trips to Hawaii has given me a glimpse of what international travel might be like. Since then, I guess you can say I caught the travel bug.
Excited doesn’t come close to the feeling I have when I think about stepping foot onto Japan. I’m definitely not looking forward to the extremely long plane right, but I guess that’s what I have to endure in order to experience the Land of the Rising Sun. I’ll mostly be in the Tokyo area with a few days spent in Osaka and Hiroshima.
I’ve been thinking about what I should pack for this trip. Considering the weather and what I’ll be doing, I’ve narrowed down some of the essential things I’ll need. Here’s a glimpse of a few items I’ll be taking with me (starting from the left side of the photo and going down each column):
- Illest Japanese Kanji Cap – I won’t be styling my hair when I’m in Japan so I’ll need something to cover up my bad hair. I have many caps to choose from and I ended up choosing my black Illest cap.
- Coach Bi-Fold Wallet – Not much to say about this one other than that I’ll need something to carry around Japanese Yen and my ID.
- YI 4K Action Camera – I bought the camera for this Japan trip as I hope to be doing a lot of vlogging. The goal is to get enough footage to do a trailer.
- Apple iPhone X – I’m really excited to take pictures on this trip. I know Japan has some really beautiful places so I hope to snap some awesome photos. Expect to see them up on the ‘gram!
- “Supreme” Camo Fanny Pack – Oh, my trusty “Supreme” fanny pack. It’s been handy to have it during my past few vacations and I plan on bringing this to Japan as well! It’s pretty convenient to put my phone, keys, and other small belongings in it instead of putting them in my pocket.
- The Hundreds “Hyenas” Zip-Up Hoodie – I’ve been checking the weather for the past few weeks and it seems to be quite similar to the Bay Area. If that’s the case, having a hoodie to stay warm is a must!
- Air Jordan 3 “Black Cement” – The people of Japan, especially from Tokyo, are known for their trendsetting fashion. I can’t visit one of the fashion capitals without bringing some heat of my own! What better to bring than my “Black Cements” beaters?
- Superdry Camo Windbreaker – It might be raining a little when I’m there so I’ll need something that can keep me dry. This windbreaker should do the trick and keep me looking fresh.
- 21Men Joggers – I’ll be doing a lot of walking around Japan so I need some comfortable pants. These joggers from Forever 21 are one of the comfiest pants I own so it was a no-brainer to pack these.
I think I have everything I need. Then again, I’m pretty new to international travel so let me know if you think I’m missing anything!
Note: I know I’ll need my passport to travel internationally. It’s a given so I didn’t include it.